Today's summery blast with temperatures soaring high came quite unexpectedly after the rains. I'm tempted to toss up a quick Greek salad for dinner. My instinct told me to start with cucumber, red onion and tomato. The inspiration grew from a simple Greek Salad I once enjoyed at Delia's. I took the plunge and whipped this up in a jiffy. The best part is that it has such few steps and includes all fresh ingredients too!! I started chopping red onions, tomato, sweet bell peppers and cucumber and then tossed them with a home-made citrus dressing sprinkling over some crumbled goat cheese. Big juicy chunks of avocado and tuna from a can and here's a whole summer meal and you can say Opa again !!
Tuna in Water- 1 can
Red Onion chopped-1 Tblspn
Grape Tomatoes sliced- 5
Sweet yellow or orange pepper- 1/2 cubed
Salt, Olive oil, Lime juice, honey, crushed red pepper and garlic
(Prepare a dressing with the last set of ingredients starting with salt to suit your taste)
1. I mixed together 1/2 tspn salt, pepper, garlic paste, 1 Tbslpn lime juice and olive oil,
1 tspn honey and whisk together until well incorporated. Taste and season well.
2. Working quickly to prevent discoloration, cut the avocado lengthwise, twist the seed out.
3. Run the tip of your knife and score lines in the avocado halves, scoop out with a spoon.
4. Peel the skin of the cucumber, scoop out the seeds and cube into a glass bowl.
5. Toss the chopped onions, dressing, peppers and tomatoes and mix well.
6. Store in refrigerator until ready to use. Then toss the avocado and well drained tuna and gently toss.
7. Garnish with crumbled goat cheese.