Badaam Kheer is a sweet concoction of badaam (almonds) ground to a paste and cooked in milk and sugar to a rich and creamy drink.
Almonds Slivered-1 cup
Heavy cream- 2 ½ cups
Sugar- 1 cup
Saffron- ¼ tspn
- Place a saucepan on the fire and add sugar and water. Mix well.
- On slow to medium fire stir until thick caramel is formed.
- Arrange six ramekins in a baking pan with water or a “bain-marie” method of cooking custards where the water comes up halfway up the ramekin.
- Pour the caramel equally in the ramekins.
- Beat the eggs with a beater along with the sugar and add the saffron.
- Warm up the heavy cream with finely powdered almonds until the almonds are cooked. Cool well.
- Now, slowly add the heavy cream mix when cooled well, into the egg mixture and beat well.
- Pour the egg cream mixture into the ramekins and place the baking pan in a pre-heated oven.
- Bake at 350 degrees for upto an hour or when the custard just jiggles in the middle.
- You can test by inserting a butter knife and it should come out clean.
- This can be easily turned over on a plate eaten warm or refrigerated cold.