Shrimp - 12 oz
Drumsticks- 6-7 4 " pieces
Raw Mango- 1 sliced up lengthwise
Freshly grated coconut- 3/4 cup
Green Chillies- 4 sliced up
Chili Powder- 2 heaped Tblspns
Methi seeds whole- 1/2 tspn.
Tamarind paste-1/2 tspn
Haldi- 1/4 tspn
Curry Leaves- 2 sprigs
Salt to taste
1. Devein and remove the shells and intestines of the shrimp. Wash well and keep aside.
2. Take an even bottomed pan and place the cut up mango and drumstick pieces in it.
3. Grind to a medium paste the coconut, red chili powder and shallots in a blender with 1/2 cup of water.
4. Pour the ground mixture into the pan with the mango and drumstick.
5. Now, place the pan over a medium fire, add 1/2 cup water with tamarind paste dissolved in it.
6. Add the whole methi seeds, salt and haldi. Let cook until the mango is almost cooked well.
7. Add the curry leaves and the shrimp and let simmer on low fire for a minute or two until the shrimp is just cooked.
8. Overcooking will make the shrimp tough to eat.
9. Shrimp curry is ready and is best served with hot steamed rice.