This is one of those simple sweets that bring back nostalgic memories of childhood. My mother always made this when there was too much left over milk in the fridge. She cooked it down with sugar for a really long time and the house smelled so good...............mmmmmmmmm
1 litre whole milk
1 tspn ghee
1/2 can condensed milk
1/4 cup sliced almonds, cachewnuts or pistachios
1. Heat the ghee(clarified butter) in a non stick pan and swirl to coat the entire bottom.
2. Add the milk, keep stirring the milk occasionally on a slow fire until it is reduced to half the quantity you started with.
3. Add the condensed milk and cook, stirring constantly(this time) to avoid burn/sticking to the bottom of the pan.
4. Scrape the sides of the pan from time to time to get the malai back into the milk. When it solidifies into half the quantity remove from heat, add nuts, spread on a flat platter and allow to cool.
5. Cut up as desired --delicious if stirred longer and converted to burfi-like yumminess!!